Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Letting Loose


No one and nothing is perfect. Some things may SEEM perfect through our own eyes, but nothing really is. Well I am a perfectionist. Which definitely gets difficult at times. Through my eyes, the Grand Canyon, waterfalls, puppies, and pastel nail polish are just a few of the things that I consider to be perfect. I am not perfect. Part of the reason my eating disorder began was because of my perfectionism. I wanted so badly to be perfect. Have the perfect hair, facial features, smile, clothes and personality. Unfortunately we don’t have control over the result of most of these attributes. Genetics is responsible for that. Well something I COULD control was my weight. I did have control of my weight but the rest of my life was out of control! It is hard to give up control. Well it’s a difficult task for me at least. I just want everything to be perfect. Well last night I was able to let loose. For the first time in a long time I did not even attempt at being perfect, and I had a blast! My roommate came into my room at around 11pm and asked if I wanted to go to the store with her really quick. I had already showered, had my acne facial cream on, and my retainers in. I had a decision to make. Go along with her and pick up a few essential things I needed or stay home. Normally I wouldn’t dare go out in public after I already started getting ready for bed, but sometimes when we step out of our comfort zone, wonderful things can happen. Last night a wonderful thing happened. I let loose and didn’t take myself too seriously. It was absolutely hilarious! I had an amazing night with many laughs and now even more memories. I even captured a few of these crazy memories and have decided to display them here on the Internet. Enjoy the picture before I suddenly realize what I have done and then immediately take it down!


-jac

No comments:

Post a Comment